Palak - 2 bunches
Aloo - 4 nos
Onion -1 (finely chopped)
Tomato -1 (finely chopped)
Ginger, garlic paste -1 tsp
Butter -2 tsp’
Fresh cream -4 tsp (optional)
Salt –to taste
Coriander-for garnishing (optional)
Jeera -1 tsp
1. Boil water, to blanch Palak, leave for 2 min, strain, cool down to make fine paste.
2. Heat pan. Add butter, add jeera, finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, little bit salt. Then add tomato, garam masala, coriander powder to make fine gravy and simmer it.
3. In the mean while remove skin of potatoes, and cut small dices. Boil until almost done and keep separate.
4. Now check the simmering gravy for consistency to add Palak puree and mix well.
5. Now add cooked potatoes and salt and finish with cream (optional).
6. Finally add coriander to garnish.
1. Same method to make palak paneer.
2. why we have to boil the palak, to avoid the raw smell
3. Why we add salt while cooking the onion, it will get quick brown colour.